- 1 cup – almonds
- 1 cup – sugar
- Milk – enough to blend
- Saffron – a pinch
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Silver foil for decoration
How to Make Almond Burfi
- Soak almonds in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Peel out the skin of the almonds.
- Blend the almonds and sugar in a little milk (just enough to blend).
- Cook the mixture in a non-stick cooking pan, stirring continuously.
- Add the ghee and saffron and cook till it forms a ball and comes clean.
- Spread the mixture on a greased cookie sheet and put a cling wrap on top of it.
- Roll out with a rolling pin.
- Decorate with silver foil.
- Cut to desired shapes.