- 12 pomfret fillets
- 1/2 tsp – turmeric powder
- 1 tsp – ginger paste
- Oil for frying
- salt to taste
- Grind to a paste:
- 1 tsp – Cuminutes seed powder
- 1 tsp – coriander seeds powder
- 1 tsp – amchur powder
- 1/4 tsp – asafoetida
- 1/2 cup – coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp – mint leaves, chopped
How to Make Sour fish curry
- Smear fish with turmeric and salt. Deep fry till golden. Drain. Reserve.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil from the remaining oil and put in all powder masalas, coriander, mint leaves, and salt if required.
- Add a little water, cook. When the gravy is smooth, add fish fillets, taking care not to break them.
- Serve hot with rice.