- 1 tbsp – urad dal pooranam (leftover)
- 1 – orange-sized ball of rice flour dough (leftover kozhukattai dough)
- 1 tsp – oil
- 1 tsp – mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp – red chilli powder
- A few curry leaves
- A pinch of asafoetida
How to Make Ammini (mini) kozhukattai
- Take the left over kozhukattai dough and add red chilli powder, hing and mix well.
- Make tiny balls out of the kozhukattai dough and steam on an idli plate in a pressure cooker for 5 mins.
- Once cooked, remove from idli plate and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds start to sputter, add curry leaves and add the cooked kozhukattai and urad dal pooranam. Mix well and remove from flame.
- Serve hot.
- Recipe & image courtesy: www.subbuskitchen.com