- 10 – soft dried figs
- 5 – dried seedless dates
- 1 tbsp – honey
- 2 tbsp – condensed milk
- 2 or 3 drops – vanilla essence
How to Make Fig Honey Sauce
- Chop figs and dates into halves.
- Add 2 cups of water, cover, keep aside overnight.
- Next day, drain, saving the water.
- Grind bloated fruit to a smooth paste.
- Add water and blend to a smooth mixture.
- Strain into a large heavy vessel.
- Bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
- When it begins to boil, add honey and condensed milk.
- Stir and keep cooking to form a mixture thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Take off fire, stir in vanilla essence.
- When cooled, if it feels too thick, add some boiling hot water and mix well.
- Serve over icecream or crepes, or keep thick and apply over toast with butter.